Maintenance & Repair Skills
Every String Teacher Should Have!
Not sure how to maintain your instruments?
Afraid you might break something?
Want to be able to do some repairs yourself?
Take this 3-hour hands-on workshop and learn everything you need to know to keep your instruments in good working order.
Save time and money by learning the essentials of maintaining your instruments.
Learn which repairs you can do yourself and which should be left to professionals.
Hands-on practice with common maintenance skills.
Take apart a violin and put it back together!
- How instruments and bows are constructed.
- How to maintain your instruments.
- Diagnosing and fixing common problems from pegs to endpins and everything in between!
- What various repairs should look like when done properly.
- Easy vs. expensive repairs.
- How to tell if a repair is worth doing.
- Repairs you can do yourself.
- Repairs you should avoid doing yourself.
- Tools and equipment you should keep handy.
- How to take apart a violin and put it back together!
- And more….
You will receive:
“Grace combines her experience as a string teacher with her experience of having watched her partner build instruments and helped repair instruments in their home. She brings to you a completely practical hands-on course that will prepare you for all of the most common string maintenance and repair problems you will encounter in the classroom.“
Hours: 3 hrs instructional time
Fee: $35.00 USD
Add it on to Teaching Beginner Strings Made Easy for only $20!
Requirements: stable internet connection with ability to use audio and video through Zoom
Date & Time:
July 19, 1pm to 4:00pm ET